Nothing but ......

Monday, May 15, 2006

Nothing But The Blues V

I, for one, believe in change. But there are a lot of people who will say that coincidence doesn't exist. Everything is set by destiny. I'll let you make up your own mind. Last night I went to see Mojo Buford. On my way home I realized that I didn't put any mouth harmonica Blues up (so far). Then, when I opened this magic box to load the next two CD's I saw that......The next two CD's are dedicated to Sonny Boy Williamson.
Sonny Boy, born as John Lee Williamson, was born in 1914, somewhere in Tennessee. He got his first mouth harmonica from his mother, as a present, at the age of 11. Sonny Boy, as so many in his generation, left home as a young boy to travel the south. At the age of 20 he started hanging around clubs and playing street corners. During this time he meets, and start playing with, 'Sleepy' John Estes. In 1934 Sonny Boy went to Chicago and met Big Joe Williams.
In 1937 Sonny Boy made his first recordings (for the Bluebird label). When Sonny Boy died in 1948 he left us about 120 recordings.

On this CD you will find recordings from Sonny Boy's whole career. Track # 1 Black Gal Blues, dates from his second recordings session in 1937 and while # 10, Better Cut That Out, dates from 1947.


The password = "scrooge".
Please delete these files within 24 hours. If you like this music buy the album and support the industry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home