Nothing but ......

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Nothing But The Blues

Although I named this weblog after a line from T-Bone Walker from the album Good Feelin' I realized that there is a whole box of Blues music called this way. I 'came across it' when I was looking for some old Muddy Waters stuff.
In 2000 TIM (The International Music Company) published a forty CD box (40 !!!!) with just old Blues. All the recordings are original and date from 1923 up to 1948. And all these wonderful recordings have been digitally remastered. I know there are a lot of collectors out there. So, just for the fun of it, I will be posting all of it. However, I hope you will forgive me if I do not post them all at the same time. Expect me to post a few every week for the coming weeks.
The first two CD's are completely dedicated to Muddy Waters and contains some rare, very old, recordings. The first one got the subtitle Country Blues after the first song on this disc.
Tomorrow I will get into Muddy Waters and in particular to the recordings on these CD's. In the meantime, download and listen. It's worth the time!


The password = "scrooge".
Please delete these files within 24 hours. If you like this music buy the album and support the industry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home