Nothing but ......

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I'm not alone

As I mentioned earlier, there are quite a few people who think that Eric Clapton has lost the ability to 'do Blues'. There are even people who will claim that he never could!. I tend to disagree. And I'm not Alone. Fortunately Slowhand himself believes he still can. That's why he treats us every now and then with a real Blues album.
This album from 2004 pays his respect to the grand master Robert Johnson. Clapton has been an admirer of this 'inventor' of the urban Blues. It is said that Clapton has had periods in his life in which he wouldn't speak to people who were not familiar with Robert Johnson's work. I quote from the album:
"It is a remarkable thing.....to have been driven and influenced all of my life by the work of one man, And even though I accept that it has always been the keystone of my musical foundation, I still would not regard this as an obsession, instead, I prefer to think of it as a landmark that I navigate by, whenever I feel myself going adrift."


The password = "scrooge".
Please delete these files within 24 hours. If you like this music buy the album and support the industry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home