Nothing but ......

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Chicago - Amstelveen

Moving back to the blues. Moving back to Chicago. But sticking with the ladies. A queen to be precise.

In 2002 I was in Chicago and guess what. I had to visit some clubs, although I was there for work. Buddy Guy's club, the infamous Kingstons Mines and of course Koko Taylor's club. I was lucky because I went there just a few days before the club closed it's doors permanently. The club was run by a daughter of Koko and apparently she was asthmatic. So she couldn't continue to work in such a smoky atmosphere. And Koko herself was getting on (in age that is). So.....
This album is the first album Koko recorded after leaving Chess in 1973. The album contains some re-recordings of 'Chess stuff', some new songs and 5 songs recorded live. The guitar on this album was handled by Jimmy Rogers (of whom we will come to speak later). The live songs are recorded in Amstelveen (Holland), just a few hunderd yards from my high school. At the time I didn't know about the concert, never heard of Koko Taylor or was even aware of the blues.
luckily I was in the opportunity to make up for this in 2002.


The password = "scrooge".
Please delete these files within 24 hours. If you like this music buy the album and support the industry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home