Nothing but ......

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Three tries......

There is a Dutch saying: 'Drie maal is scheepsrecht'. This, freely translated would mean something like: 'You will get it right the third time'. This will definitely go for me and Bo Diddley. Bo Diddley has been the one that I missed by a day twice. In 1995 I was in Tampa, Florida and got to a club where Bo Diddley played.....the night before. In 2001 I arrived at the Blues festival in Chicago.....two hours after Bo's opening act. But last Tuesday I was having a drink when somebody told me he was going to see Bo Diddley the next evening in the Melkweg in Amsterdam. So I gave it my third try and went the next evening. And it worked. There were a few tickets left and I got two!
Now, I don't suppose I need to tell you about Bo Diddley, the man often referred to as 'the Originator of Rock 'n' Roll'.
So to celebrate my finally seeing Bo Diddley last night I offer today an album from the great Chess 50th anniversary series, containing Bo's best known songs. It's amazing to see how this man created such powerful songs, often with just one chord and a driving rhythm.


The password = "scrooge".
Please delete these files within 24 hours. If you like this music buy the album and support the industry

1 Comments:

  • Oh, no! not a dead link again :(

    I guess I would never find CHESS box Bo Diddley thing...

    so sad!

    ps Great blog! I'll be back to check out what I can actually find here alive ....!

    thanks for your time and dedication

    one more thing Big Brother must be after Bo Diddley, deleting all links everywhere :) (finding them by files name?)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home